Yorktown 15, Fox Lane 4:
At Fox Lane, Thomas Casey had two goals and two assists for the 'Huskers. Teammate Remy Lieberman had two goals and an assist. T.J. Tynan had two goals and an assist for the Foxes. Derek Koelsch had 12 saves for the Huskers.
This is the point where Yorktown usually looks to accelerate. Mistakes that could prove costly in a postseason game have to be eliminated before sectionals get under way. There will be plenty of reminders about last season's disappointment against Syosset, which is the driving force behind a decision to play up in Class A this season.
"We still haven't played a perfect game," 'Huskers goalie Michael Bontitatibus said. "That's not a good thing."
1. Yorktown (10-1): After celebrating a big Murphy Cup win, the 'Huskers have to refocus and begin preparing for the pressure of a postseason where redemption is the goal.
2. Lakeland/Panas (10-3): Jack Doherty and Will Fallo have plenty of help now, so the Rebels just need to eliminate some of the mistakes that are letting goals in on the other end.
3. Putnam Valley (11-0): The level of competition on the schedule is getting tougher, but this group has answered every challenge so far with a pile of goals.
4. Somers (8-4): Greg Petre has scored six goals in each of the last two games, and the refocused Tuskers have come back nicely from losses to Ridgefield (Conn.) and Rye.
5. Rye (6-5): It seems the Garnets have discovered some chemistry along the way. It doesn't hurt that Cole McCormack is winning faceoff after faceoff, either.